Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Easy Out

Emma here.

Here is my biggest problem with diets. I am doing weight watchers, which is a good diet for me. I can eat whatever I want- as long as I do it in the right amount, and it is pretty non-restrictive. I even like their recipes and system of counting points. However, the problem is that I have zero will power. I KNOW that I should save my points for the weekend, when I will be hanging out and going out to restaurants. But every Monday I find myself eating whatever I want and saying "oh well, I'll just make it up on the weekend." But I never do. Friday comes along and I end up saying "oh eff it. It's the weekend, I just want to eat what I want." And then I am surprised when I've gained weight. Any helpful suggestions for ways to remind myself that if I load up now when I'm not even hungry, I'll just regret it later?

2 comments:

  1. I have no suggestions at the moment. Today was a totally indulgent type of day. I offer only empathy.

    Maybe we should try calling each other when we're about to oh, say, order at the McDonald's drive-through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. maybe you should try spilling your margherita all over your dinner. i only ate half my burrito that night!

    ReplyDelete