Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Some Suggestions

Things I eat when I cannot eat cheese:

Ground turkey. Comes very in handy. I cook up pounds of it every Sunday, put it in serving size baggies and defrost them one at a time as needed. Great plain, in burritos, with rice, with beans...

Fruit popsicles from Trader Joes: 1 point each!

Sandwich baggies: I am a horrible picker. I'll pick and pick at food until I've eaten an entire box of crackers. Now whenever I buy a box of something I'll split it into serving size baggies so I know exactly how much I'm eating.

No Pudge Brownies: enough said.

Fiber One bars: so good! 2 points!

Puffins Cereal: Really really good cereal for very low points.

Homemade veggie burgers: mashed beans, bread crumbs, and one egg yolk, plus whatever frozen veggies you have. It's a good way to get in a ton of vegetables without really noticing.

3 comments:

  1. http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2009/07/08/national/a112348D04.DTL&tsp=1

    San Francisco Chronicle: Man dies after falling into vat of chocolate in NJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel, that is so ghastly! Perhaps enough to deter us from chocolate for a while. Not exactly the way Roald Dahl imagined it.

    Em, I like these suggestions! Especially the sandwich bag trick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a huge fan of emma's baggie snacks. the only problem is, i tend to eat them on our way to dinner.... this is a habit i should kick.

    ReplyDelete